Our Blog


How Do I Ensure My Siblings Move Out of My Mom’s House if I Need to Sell It to Pay for Long-Term Care?

Posted by Laura E. Stubberud | Jun 24, 2021 | 0 Comments

That is a difficult one. It would be helpful for them to sign an agreement that requires them to move out when necessary and that gives someone else the ability to make the determination of when it becomes necessary. The problem, of course, is what will you do if they refuse to move? At least you will have a better argument with the agreement in place ahead of time than without an agreement at all. It's also important for your mother to give you her durable power of attorney or to place the house in trust so you have the legal authority to evict your siblings if it comes to that.

About the Author

Laura E. Stubberud

Laura Stubberud has over two decades of experience in the practice of estate and family law in Nevada. After graduation from UCLA, she studied law at Southwestern University School of Law , graduating in 1992. With over 25 years of practice in Clark County, Nevada, Ms. Stubberud has substantial e...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Call us today at 702.625.9260. You’ll receive the highest level of personalized service.