Our Blog


I’m Trying to Put My Mom in a Nursing Home But I’m Not Her Medical Power of Attorney

Posted by Laura E. Stubberud | Sep 01, 2022 | 0 Comments

If your mother is not competent to make her own medical decisions, then it's really up to your brother. Your mother chose him. If he doesn't step up, you can seek to be appointed guardian to take his place, but that can be an expensive, divisive, and time-consuming process. If you think your mother is at risk, you can see if there's an adult protective services organization in your community that could intervene.

About the Author

Laura E. Stubberud

Laura Stubberud has over two decades of experience in the practice of estate and family law in Nevada. After graduation from UCLA, she studied law at Southwestern University School of Law , graduating in 1992. With over 25 years of practice in Clark County, Nevada, Ms. Stubberud has substantial e...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Call us today at 702.625.9260. You’ll receive the highest level of personalized service.