Our Blog


Is It Legal to Get a Will Changed If the Person Has Alzheimer’s and Dementia?

Posted by Laura E. Stubberud | Sep 13, 2022 | 0 Comments

No. You have to be legally competent to execute a will. Even a guardian or conservator cannot create a will. However, they can create a trust that can substitute for a will. To do so, someone will have to be appointed and then seek court approval for the new estate plan. You might also be able to challenge the new will if you believe the grandmother was not competent or under undue influence at the time she executed the new will.

About the Author

Laura E. Stubberud

Laura Stubberud has over two decades of experience in the practice of estate and family law in Nevada. After graduation from UCLA, she studied law at Southwestern University School of Law , graduating in 1992. With over 25 years of practice in Clark County, Nevada, Ms. Stubberud has substantial e...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Call us today at 702.625.9260. You’ll receive the highest level of personalized service.