Our Blog


Must a Home Health Care Worker Return a Lump-Sum Payment if the Senior Enters a Nursing Home?

Posted by Laura E. Stubberud | Jun 12, 2021 | 0 Comments

No, the personal care attendant will not have to transfer the funds to Medicaid, but the attendant might have to transfer the funds back to the senior to be spent down on his or her care. You will need to consult with an elder law attorney to understand how personal care agreements are treated in your state. Their structure and treatment vary considerably from state to state. To find an attorney near you, click here.

About the Author

Laura E. Stubberud

Laura Stubberud has over two decades of experience in the practice of estate and family law in Nevada. After graduation from UCLA, she studied law at Southwestern University School of Law , graduating in 1992. With over 25 years of practice in Clark County, Nevada, Ms. Stubberud has substantial e...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Call us today at 702.625.9260. You’ll receive the highest level of personalized service.